Meridian Linguistics Ltd.
||13th May 2018
Below, MERIDIAN LINGUISTICS LTD tells you about the type and extent of and the purposes for which personal data are collected and used. You can call up this information on our website anytime.
The controller within the meaning of General Data Protection Regulation is:
Meridian Linguistics Ltd.
25/F, Workington Tower78 Bonham Strand
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
If you have any questions or concerns about data protection, you are welcome to also contact us by email at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT OF DATA PROTECTION
The subject of data protection is personal data. According to Section 3, Subsection 1 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), these are individual details on personal or objective circumstances of a certain person or certain persons. These include details such as your name, your postal address, your email address, your telephone number or, where appropriate, even used data.
COLLECTION AND USE OF DATA
Automated Data Collection
When you access MERIDIAN LINGUISTICS LTD websites, your internet browser automatically transmits data for technical reasons. The following data are stored:
- your public IP address
- your date and time of access,
- your browser-type and version,
- the operating system you use,
- the URL of the web page that you have previously visited,
- the quantity of data transmitted.
For technical reasons this data is stored and is not assigned to any identifiable person at any time.
Data Entered by Users and other data submitted when purchasing our products or services
You can download and use our products for the purpose of evaluation after registering with your email address. During the registration process, you may opt in on receiving our email newsletter. For more information see the “Newsletter” section.
If you decide to buy one of our products, you can unlock the trial version after purchasing a license key on our website. In the purchase process, you will create a permanent user account on our website by entering your email address, a user-defined password, and personal information required to complete the purchase (your full name, billing address, and phone number). The account email address and password will be used by our products to unlock the trial limitations once you have successfully purchased a license.
During activation of trial versions and authorizing of full licenses as well as upon installation of updates, a time-stamped digital fingerprint of your hardware configuration (MAC addresses, processor ID, hard disk IDs, hashed machine name, amount of RAM installed) will be taken and stored in MERIDIAN LINGUISTICS LTDs registration database. The purpose of fingerprint and time stamp is to protect our products against piracy and to prevent illegal duplication of our products.
Transfer of Data
We will not transfer your data to third parties as a matter of course without letting you know in advance or asking for your prior permission. We may only transfer your data to third parties without informing you separately beforehand in the following exceptional cases as explained below:
If required for investigating the illegal use of our products and services or for legal proceedings, personal data will be transferred to the criminal investigation authorities and, if appropriate, to injured third parties. We will only do this if there are concrete indications of illegal and/or abusive behaviour. We can only transfer on your personal data if this is used to enforce General Terms and Conditions of Business or other agreements. We are also legally obliged to give certain public authorities information. These are criminal investigation authorities, public authorities which prosecute administrative offences entailing fines and the German financeauthorities.
MERIDIAN LINGUISTICS LTD provides a newsletter service free of charge. We use the newsletter to inform you about new products and send you general information about MERIDIAN LINGUISTICS LTD. We need your email address in order to send you the newsletter. You can enter your email address on MERIDIAN LINGUISTICS LTD’s web pages, which are available at https://www.meridianlinguistics.com You will be provided with our newsletter if you further give us your explicit consent to do so by clicking the ‚Subscribe’ field and press the „Yes, subscribe me to this list“ button in the email we send to you to finalize the newsletter order. We will store and use your email address solely to send you the newsletter.
Of course you can unsubscribe the newsletter at any time. Every newsletter contains the information on how you can unsubscribe the newsletter with effect for the future.
Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of the e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First-party (Meridian Linguistics) cookies
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
- Page Number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
- Order – this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
- Google Remarketing – we use Google’s Remarketing cookie to market products and services we think may be of interest to you. You may see our adverts on Google’s Display Advertising Network of partner websites and Google’s own search results pages. We aim to carefully select the products and services we remarket to you, and do so based on the pages you have visited on our website. To opt out of Google Remarketing, set your Google Ad Settings.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Credit card information will be transmitted to Stripe. The transmission of credit card details is encrypted and protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). We do not store any credit card data.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You naturally have the right to receive information about the data held and stored by MERIDIAN LINGUISTICS LTD about you. Equally, you have the right to have incorrect data corrected or blocked. To have this done, please contact email@example.com or by post to the address given above.